Abbacas not only design and manage new installations, we also assess, design and advise on improving and upgrading existing equipment, otherwise known as refurbishment.
When designing for refurbishment,
the pre-tender requirements are:
- To liaise and to negotiate with both the client and their agent
- To brief the remainder of the design team
- To organise all the meetings
For the tender and the specifications:
- To prepare a suitable specification
- Tender the documentation
- To analyse tender submissions
The work in progress:
- Provision of the interface between the whole of the design team, the client, agent and the contractor
- The provision of a regular contact with the client and their representative
- To liaise with the client, agents, insurers, the CDM Coordinator, the contract engineer, etc
- To assist the design team
- When would be the right time for putting safety first?
- What would be needed to be replaced?
- What not to touch?
- What will be needed to overhaul?
- How long will the existing system last if it is left?
- Is there any chance it could be repaired?
- What impact do the regulations have?
- If the standards have changed, how have they?
- What would be the risks?
- How much will it all cost?
All these questions can be answered by a member of the Abbacas Design and Coordination team.